On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Dave (DavesTechShop.net)
<d...@davestechshop.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Dave (DavesTechShop.net)
> <d...@davestechshop.net> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Dave <d...@davestechshop.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> With my setup, Postfix send an email from my local user account ("user")
>>> as u...@example.com. Example.com is a Google apps domain.
>>> I would like the email to go out as another name: anewn...@example.com.
>>> (where "anewname" matches my gmail user account name).
>>>
>>> My gmail user account and my linux user name are not the same, but I want
>>> to create an alias so that, for email purposes, they are the same.
>>>
>>> How would I make this change? Thanks.
>>
>> SOLVED (partly)
>> I used generic and made a line that said:
>> realusername    namesameasgmailaccount
>>
>> The email address is indeed what I want now
>> (namesameasgmailacco...@example.com), but the name info associated with the
>> email still has the original full name of the user account. Would like to
>> change that too for consistency. Not sure how.
>
> Can I use wildcards in generic? Something like this?
> *    universalname

When you post to this list, you are taking up the time of many experts
(and some amateurs like myself :).  Please treat this resource with
the respect that it deserves.  These same experts have taken the time
to create excellent documentation.  Please respect them and their time
by consulting it before asking for more from them.