Bill Cole wrote:
Michael Tokarev wrote, On 3/14/09 4:13 PM:
Henk van Oers wrote:
[...]
I the case of multiple recipients there can be rejects for some,
no tests for some others (OK), a few test for DUNNO recipients
and all the checks for the rest. Right?

Yes.  For each recipient independently.

I don't believe this to be correct.

With SMTP, accepting or rejecting a message based on its content is only possible for all recipients. There is no way to respond to the SMTP DATA command that expresses different handling for different recipients.

The only place in the SMTP transaction that you can discriminate between recipients is the RCPT phase.

This is exactly what I was talking about.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions evaluates AT RCPT TIME (which is the stage in
the smtp transaction when smtpd_recipient_restriction triggers) for EVERY
RECIPIENT, independently.

Analogously to that, header_checks evaluates - AT DATA TIME (which is the
stage in the SMTP transaction where header_checks triggers) for EVERY
HEADER, independently.

I see no contrary in what I said, or, at least, what I were intended to
say.  Do you see it still?

/mjt