Von: "Wietse Venema via Postfix-users" <postfix-users@postfix.org>
An: "Postfix users" <postfix-users@postfix.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 22. Januar 2024 16:14:03
Betreff: [pfx] Re: Feature Request: Adjustable Header Log Size Limit in
INFO/WARN/REJECT Header_Check

Sorry, Postfix logging must not be used as if it is a reliable
channel for message processing. Postfx goes through great effort
to guarantee that message loss won't happen unless a file system
is damaged or unless a message is forcibly deleted from the queue.

There are no such guarantees for logging. If logging were as reliable
as Postix email deliveries, then logging would use more resources
than all of Postfix combined. In fact, that was happening on ancient
Linux implementations that by default insisted on calling fsync().

In my opinion, the 'logging length limit' is a red herring. For
reliable header processing use a reliable mechanism.