Hi Wietse,

I appreciate your suggestion to use a collate script. However, the collate
script, too, relies on the logfile as a reliable source. In my case, I'm keen
on receiving the state directly from syslog, bypassing the disk.

I understand there may be some potential data loss with this approach, but
having the ability to log and receive the complete header key/values is crucial
for my use case.

While Postfix already has a feature in the header_checks to log header
information (info/warn/reject), it becomes unreliable due to the 200-character
limit. This limit poses a challenge as it restricts the completeness of
key/value pairs in the log.

Having a configurable option for the header log size would greatly improve the
reliability and usability of this feature, ensuring that users can confidently
rely on the logged information for comprehensive header analysis.

I kindly urge you to consider incorporating this enhancement into future
releases, as it would undoubtedly enhance the Postfix experience for users with
similar needs.

Best regards,

Matthias Schneider