On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 01:37:18PM -0500, Christophe Kalt via Postfix-users
wrote:

> /usr/libexec/postfix/postscreen pid 93 killed by signal 11
>
> These connections are from an SMTP probe that goes EHLO STARTTLS EHLO QUIT
>
> I've not run postscreen previously, so I cannot tell whether this is new,
> but some testing shows it happens for the following versions:
>
> - 3.8.4 on alpine 3.19.0
> - 3.8.5 on alpine 3.19.1
>
> but apparently not for 3.8.3 on alpine 3.18.3

There's perhaps an issue in the OpenSSL or other library dependencies.
For further info we'd need a coredump and backtrace, as well as ldd
output for the executable, and list of mapped objects from the core
file.

How is Postfix built on these systems?

On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 04:44:23PM -0500, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:

> postcreen source code has not changed since postfix-3.8.0:
>
>     $ diff -ur postfix-3.8.0/src/postscreen postfix-3.8.5/src/postscreen
>     [no output]
>
> The SMTP smuggling changes are in code that is not used in postscreen.
> postscreen has a different SMTP engine implementation.
>
> I therefore suspect a bad build, or bad library dependency.

Ditto.

--
    Viktor.