On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 08:12:56PM -0500, Christophe Kalt via Postfix-users
wrote:

> These are the alpine packages themselves, but I'm not familiar with how
> they're built so I can't rule out a bad build. It's also possible that I
> didn't let the 3.8.3 version run long enough for it to crash as it happens
> irregularly.
>
> Anyways, spent some time building 3.8.5 from source and am now waiting to
> see if it happens with that build.

Whether with your own build, or the distro, if you enable core dumps
from setuid programs (really most programs that change/drop privs),
you may be able to obtain a backtrace, ideally from a build with
debugging symbols.

If this were easy to reproduce, I ask for a verbose log, but that's
not practical when looking for a rare event (if these are rare).

--
    Viktor.