These are the alpine packages themselves, but I'm not familiar with how
they're built so I can't rule out a bad build. It's also possible that I
didn't let the 3.8.3 version run long enough for it to crash as it happens
irregularly.

Anyways, spent some time building 3.8.5 from source and am now waiting to
see if it happens with that build.

Thanks.