> On Feb 7, 2024, at 17:23, Alex via Postfix-users <postfix-users@postfix.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping I could ask for some advice. We have a pretty large percentage of
> users who forward mail through our systems to personal Gmail accounts.
> Sometimes it is mail from bulk senders like mailgun and lanyon/cvent.
>
> Would ARC help here, or is DKIM enough for DMARC alignment with forwarded
> messages? Perhaps ARC will help in those cases where DKIM fails with
> forwarded messages? Is it used on the sending server or on the relay? Is it
> installed using a milter alongside openSPF/DKIM using openarc?
> https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenARC/issues/139
>
> I've also thought about implementing SRS over the years, but it has its own
> problems, so I wondered if people were still implementing that?
>
> This has become particularly important with the recent news about Google
> requiring senders (or forwarders, in my case) to do more to ensure delivery.
> https://support.google.com/a/answer/81126?visit_id=638429520681370280-1110640002&rd=1#zippy=%2Crequirements-for-all-senders

I won't claim to be an expert on this, but I have the same situation except I
am forwarding mail to dozens of different MTAs.  GMail is the most popular
destination.  I ran into numerous problems with forwarding to Google until I
implemented SRS.  postsrsd works fine.  However, even after that, I still had
long delays in forwarding mail.  Recently I added postgrey into the mix.  I
didn't expect it to do much.  Back in the early 2000s, it eliminated about 90%
of received mail and really helped the spam problem.  However, as storage space
became cheaper and larger, its effectiveness went way down.  Five years ago or
so, I no longer saw and improvement from greylisting and removed it.  I just
added it back a few days ago, and the number of delayed emails dropped to
almost zero.  mailq shows only 2 emails waiting.  That is very unusual as
usually it was around 100.  I have never tried ARC, DKIM, or DMARC.  I suppose
that somewhere down the road I will need to start down those paths.

-- Doug