> On Feb 8, 2024, at 01:56, Matus UHLAR - fantomas via Postfix-users
> <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>
> On 07.02.24 21:51, Christophe Kalt via Postfix-users wrote:
>> +1 on setting up SRS, it helps with Gmail and I believe ARC does too
>> (although I don't have hard data on this). Interesting note about postgrey,
>> I didn't think that was effective any longer but maybe it is.
>
> I have removed postgrey from servers I manage a few years ago.
> - without good exemption lists, you'll run into hours long waiting for email
> from various mail services that attempt multiple times from multiple IP
> addresses, e.g. microsoft or google.
>
> I implemented postscreen instead that has similar functionality but is a bit
> more safe to use.

I implemented postscreen quite a while ago.  I don't see where or how it
introduces a delay to force the originating MTA to queue and try later.  That
seems to be what is benefiting me.  So far, there have not been any complaints
of desired mail not being delivered.  There were only 6 defers yesterday.
Normally there are a couple hundred.

-- Doug