Dnia 23.05.2024 o godz. 11:03:48 Peter via Postfix-users pisze:

> You can implement a policy daemon (such as postfwd) which can add
> limits to help in case a password does get found.  This can shut
> down a user account before it gets used to send too much SPAM.
>
> If you know that all of your users will originate in a certain
> country or countries, you can use Geo-IP filtering to limit
> submission connections to those countries.  Note be careful not to
> block port 25 connections with this and realize that if you or your
> users ever intend to do any travelling this could be problematic.

In addition I can add one idea:
I have had quite a success with a policy server that rejects all connections
on submission ports IF it doesn't find a currently established IMAP session
from the same IP address. All "normal" mail clients (at least the ones that
I saw) first establish an IMAP session with the server, and then try to
authenticate with SMTP when the user wants to actually send mail. And I see
much, much less attacks (authentication attempts) on IMAP service than on
SMTP. So it works for me.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa