On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 06:42:26AM +0000, Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via
Postfix-users wrote:

> I was wondering - is it possible to bounce e-mails for non-existent
> addresses when using a catchall?

This question makes no sense.  If you want to reject mail to (all or
most) addresses that don't correspond to a particular user's mailbox,
then you should not have a catchall.

So which is it, do you want to deliver mail for typo or otherwise
incorrect addresses to a catchall mailbox or do you want to reject
them.  You can't have both...

> Every mail to the domain goes also to the catchall,

That's not how catchall's work, for that you'd want "always_bcc"
"recipient_bcc_maps", not a "catchall".  A catchall address receives
mail that no other mailbox would receive.

It seems when you say catchall, you mean something else entirely.
To make that concrete, send configuration details and sample logs.

    https://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

    $ postconf -nf      (with unmodified whitespace and linebreaks)
    $ postconf -Mf      (with unmodified whitespace and linebreaks)

    logging of some messages to illustrate what your "catchall" is
    doing.

--
    Viktor.