On 11 Jul 2024, at 20:22, Bill Cole via Postfix-users <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

On 2024-07-11 at 02:42:26 UTC-0400 (Thu, 11 Jul 2024 06:42:26 +0000)
Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via Postfix-users <r...@med-lo.eu>
is rumored to have said:

Hi,

I was wondering - is it possible to bounce e-mails for non-existent addresses when using a catchall?

Define your terms clearly and you willhave a better time finding answers.

What do you mean by "non-existent addresses" in a context where a "catchall" exists.

  As I said on a previous answer to my question, what I want is this:

I want that mail sent to users who do not have a valid address (like when they are not on ldap) to bounce back, like it happens by default, but I'd also like these mail to be delivered to an specific mailbox.

As you said, if I use catchall, these addresses would be valid. But I'd like the senders to get a bounce email so that they know they sent the mail to an address that doesn't exist or that the destination mailbox wasn't reached.

Is it a bit more clear now?

Best,

Francis