Hi to all,

I am trying to understand the flow of what queries are invoked when and why.
I've looked through the books/man pages and I understand some but not all
of what I see when I turn up the logging. I was hoping for some guidance.
The sever is configured to accept mail from the Internet and route mailto lmtp
or smtp based on the routing.

I am seeing the following activity on Mail from command:
client MTA --> Mail from: some...@some-internet-host.com
Trivial-rewrite: relay_domains lookup using author's domain
<-- not found response
Can someone explain why  the relay_domains performed  on the mail from domain?
My understanding and intent wasto have this lookup using the recipient address?

What configuration is causing the following queries and
why is this being invoked for the Internet author?

T-R: trapnsport query lookup using '*'
   zimbraMailDeliveryAddress=*, ZimbraDomainName=*,zimbraMailStatus=Enabled
<-- good response with no ldap data returned
NOTE: I see the same transport query sent twice.

T-R: trapnsport query lookup using 'some-internet-host.com'
   zimbraMailDeliveryAddress=some-internet-host.com,
   ZimbraDomainName=some-internet-host.com,
   zimbraMailStatus=Enabled
<-- good response with no ldap data returned

Any help is greatly appreciated - Charles

postconf -n:
bounce_size_limit = 1
bounce_template_file = /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/bounce.cf
command_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/sbin
config_directory = /home/space/zimbra/pf.inet/conf
daemon_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/libexec
data_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/data
debug_peer_level = 2
disable_vrfy_command = yes
html_directory = no
local_recipient_maps = ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vam.cf
mail_name = Internet Inbound
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/sbin/mailq
manpage_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/man
maximal_queue_lifetime = 1d
message_size_limit = 23000000
mydestination = localhost example.com example
mynetworks =
myorigin = example.com
newaliases_path = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/sbin/newaliases
queue_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/spool
readme_directory = no
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/opt/zimbra/pf.inet/conf/domain_name_maps
relay_domains = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/conf/relay_domain_names
relay_recipient_maps = regexp:/opt/zimbra/pf.inet/conf/relay_recip_regexp
relay_transport = regexp:/opt/zimbra/pf.inet/conf/relay_domain_transport
sample_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/conf
sendmail_path = /opt/zimbra/pf.inet/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,     reject_rbl_client
dnsbl.example.com
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
smtpd_delay_reject = no
smtpd_etrn_restrictions = reject
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_hostname
smtpd_recipient_limit = 100
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
permit_mynetworks,      reject_unauth_destination,
reject_invalid_hostname,      permit
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender
smtpd_timeout = 30s
transport_maps = ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-transport.cf
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vam.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains = ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vmd.cf
virtual_transport = error

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet
Explorer 8.