(Sorry, sent directly by mistake.)
On 22/09/2026 04:02, Patrick Proniewski via Postfix-users wrote:
Hello,

In a not too distant future I might have to bring back at home my email self-hosted stack (Postfix, Dovecot, Webmail, all signing and filtering…). It currently sits in a datacenter with a good reputation IP address.

If I host my email stack at home, I cannot use my residential IP address as SMTP (might be OK for MX, though).

So I guess I can rent a VPS and send my SMTP flow through the VPS IP address.

Question is: what would be the best way to do this? The simplest setup that would have the least overhead / over-engineering and the best resilience.

I think signing (DKIM, ARC) at home, then forwarding to a postfix instance on the VPS for public delivery, is not best practice.

I’m running FreeBSD. I’ve created a Jail with Wireguard client, a VPN tunnel between the Jail and the Wireguard server on the VPS, but I could not find a way to use that setup properly.

Any thoughts ?

Just use one of the SMTP relay mobs.

I use SMTP2Go <https://www.smtp2go.com/> for exactly the situation you are heading towards, running a full mail environment at home with just the MX record and domain pointing to it. My current RSP provides a static IP but until recently I had a dynamic address and it all just worked with usual fiddling about.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)

_______________________________________________
Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to