On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 11:53:47AM +0100, Chris Green via Postfix-users wrote:

> I have a very small /etc/aliases.db file but (along with the actual aliases)
> it has a value for YP_MASTER_NAME:-
> 
>     chris$ postmap -s /etc/aliases
>     @       @
>     YP_LAST_MODIFIED        1786971982
>     YP_MASTER_NAME  t16.localdomain
>     postmaster      root
>     root    chris
>     chris   [email protected]
> 
> The /etc/aliases.db file was created using postfix's newaliases so
> postfix must have got a value for YP_MASTER_NAME from somewhere. I can't
> see where it has got it from though:-
> 
>     chris$ domainname
>     (none)
>     chris$ ypdomainname
>     ypdomainname: Local domain name not set
> 
> Does postfix just use 'localdomain' if it finds the domain is not set?
> I have 'myorigin = zbmc.eu' in postfix's main.cf. Should I set the domain
> in the postfix configuration or should I set it 'globally' somehow using
> a YP utility?

https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/blob/8e965decf941bba12afdd9ca7938957071ec2ac0/postfix/src/postalias/postalias.c#L527-L539

If you build Postfix without either NIS or NISPLUS support, the entry is
not added.

-- 
    Viktor.  🇺🇦 Слава Україні!
_______________________________________________
Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to