This is a fairly trivial issue but I'd quite like to sort it out if I can.

I have a very small /etc/aliases.db file but (along with the actual aliases)
it has a value for YP_MASTER_NAME:-

    chris$ postmap -s /etc/aliases
    @       @
    YP_LAST_MODIFIED        1786971982
    YP_MASTER_NAME  t16.localdomain
    postmaster      root
    root    chris
    chris   [email protected]

The /etc/aliases.db file was created using postfix's newaliases so
postfix must have got a value for YP_MASTER_NAME from somewhere. I can't
see where it has got it from though:-

    chris$ domainname
    (none)
    chris$ ypdomainname
    ypdomainname: Local domain name not set

Does postfix just use 'localdomain' if it finds the domain is not set?
I have 'myorigin = zbmc.eu' in postfix's main.cf. Should I set the domain
in the postfix configuration or should I set it 'globally' somehow using
a YP utility?

-- 
Chris Green
_______________________________________________
Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to