Viktor Dukhovni via Postfix-users:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 09:48:45PM +1000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 12:42:13PM +0100, Chris Green via Postfix-users 
> > wrote:
> > 
> > > > https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/blob/8e965decf941bba12afdd9ca7938957071ec2ac0/postfix/src/postalias/postalias.c#L527-L539
> > > >  
> > > > 
> > > > If you build Postfix without either NIS or NISPLUS support, the entry is
> > > > not added.
> > >
> > > Thanks Viktor, I'm using my distribution's (Debian) postfix so I can't
> > > change the compilation options. However the above link allows me to
> > > follow the code a bit. If I set 'myhostname' in main.cf then I should get
> > > a more sensible YP_MASTER_NAME I think.
> > 
> > Or if main.cf needs to be different:
> > 
> >     # postalias -o 'myhostname = ypmaster.example' ...
> 
> Oops, for once that's a mistake, the postalias(1) command does not
> support a "-o <parameter=value>" option.

Indeed.  In postalias:

       -o     Do  not release root privileges when processing a non-root input
              file. By default, postalias(1) drops root privileges and runs as
              the source file owner instead.

In postcat:

       -o     Print the queue file offset of each record.

These were implemented a decade+ before "-o <parameter=value>" was implemented
in the postconf command, basically to emulate the daemon command-line options.

        Wietse
_______________________________________________
Postfix-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to