Charles Marcus wrote:
Now, I'm honestly asking for help here... my server was intentionally
ATTACKED by this asshat simply because I rejected mail from him, and if
I hadn't just happened to be sitting here and noticed it within 3
minutes, there's no telling how much damage might have been done.

I'm not crying about being a victim - yes, obviously he exploited a
specific configuration weakness of mine, and I'd like to know how to FIX
it, and also learn what is the proper way to reject mail from people I
don't want mail from without them being able to cripple my mail server
in retaliation for their mail being rejected.

I see no obvious problems in your config.

Unless I'm missing something:
- you can't control what other people send, or how often they send it. - rejecting messages is a relatively low-overhead process. Unless your system is already on the edge of failure, one extra reject per second is barely noticeable load. - If some server doesn't respond well to a REJECT, maybe DISCARD is a better answer for their unwanted mail. - Some posts aren't worth responding to. The best way to ignore a post is to, well, ignore it. Just press the delete key and move on. (although I admit to sometimes writing a really smoking response and then delete before sending. I'm still learning, too.)

  -- Noel Jones