On 5/8/2009, Sahil Tandon (sa...@tandon.net) wrote:
>> Webroots service simply proxies the recipient validation... so normally,
>> no, this would not be a problem... but, I opened a ticket with them
>> yesterday morning in case Rik used some kind of malformed message to
>> trigger a bug in their system...

> Yes, their service proxies *recipient* validation, but would it know about
> your Postfix machine's *sender* policy in order to reject unwanted envelope
> senders at SMTP time?

Ok, thanks for applying the clue stick so gently... ;)

I thought that since the check was under smtpd_recipient_restrictions
that all of those checks would be applied before the recipient was
'validated'... apparently that assumption was incorrect and the source
of my problem...

So, would moving the check above 'reject_unauth_destination' fix this?
Or is there some other way to force postfix to perform all of these
checks before validating a recipient?

--

Best regards,

Charles