Charles Marcus wrote:
On 5/7/2009 9:05 AM, Noel Jones wrote:
The problem is the , 42 minutes later (after those 2 rejects), I started
receiving actual messages with a subject of 'UCE AND ABUSE IDENTIFIED'
(again, example with full headers attached), to the tune of 1-2 per
second, delivered to my Inbox. In less than 3 minutes, I had 351 of
them, all with identical log entries (except the date/time of course) of
the last log example I provided, namely:

You can't control what other people send. Your rejection of the original message was "correct".

But I'd still like to understand the mechanism involved, and what this
guy did to trigger this flood of messages...

A broken autoresponder? Broken content inspection system? Sophomoric manual intervention? It doesn't really matter.

Sometimes DISCARD is a better choice than REJECT.  ;)

  -- Noel Jones