On Monday, May 11, 2009 at 18:38 CEST,
     "Just E. Mail" <justem...@imwell-usa.com> wrote:

> Rainer Frey (Inxmail GmbH) wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but instructions on installing PostgreSQL and what not are
> > hardly appropriate for this list. Ask your distribution vendor for
> > help, or better yet read the excellent documentation of PostgreSQL.
> > Instructions on linking postfix to it afterwards are in my previous
> > mail (and of course the postfix documentation).
>
> Just to let you know that I have read several times all the
> documentation you have mentioned. I have also installed the
> files you suggested in your previous post. The reason I asked
> for a list of files to install, to make sure that I was
> installing the correct files.

Which files did you install? The required header files seem to be
postgres_ext.h and libpq-fe.h (see src/global/dict_pgsql.c), and
the "-lpq" part of the suggested make(1) command suggests that the
necessary shared library is named libpq-<something>.so.

> PS: I am a student,therefore, I have no distribution vendor. All my
> downloads are over the Internet.

How you obtain the actual files doesn't change the fact that CentOS is
your distribution.

Unless you feel confident in what you're doing, perhaps using a source
RPM would be preferable to building Postfix from source (obviously
lacking a binary Postfix package with PostgreSQL support).

Please do not top-post.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se