EASY steve.h...@digitalcertainty.co.uk wrote:
On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 14:02 -0400, Victor Duchovni wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 06:54:37PM +0100, Steve wrote:

milter_default_action = tempfail
"/private/samilte" != /home/mail/email/private/samilter

Postfix runs chrooted and the absolute would be incorrect. It's chrooted
to /home/mail/email hence it is correct as far as I understand it.
Note, the difference is more than just the path prefix.

That was just a pasting typo. Apologies. It is correct on the box
(samilter)
It looks like some of your smtpd(8) master.cf entries are chrooted and
others are not. You should use the unchrooted pathname in both cases,
and make a symlink:

        /home/mail/email/home/mail/email -> /

so that the same pathname works in both cases.

That sounds plausible enough to me. I'm sure I read that symlinks and
chrooting was carnage - but I'm willing to give anything a go. It's not
going to bring down the space station :-)

My only confusion is where do I put the symlink. To make matters a
struggle for me I'm dyslexic so please forgive me a little as I'm
struggling to follow this: /home/mail/email/home/mail/email - I see the
same things twice and this locks me up a bit.

For my own clarity (I'll adapt this when I unscramble it) I guess it
would be OK to make a symlink to the socket thus;

LINK POINTS TO: /home/mail/email/private/samilter
WHERE DO I 'PUT' LINK? Where does the link need to be -v- the
duplication in the path is confusing me.

ln -s /home/mail/email/private/samilter / # run
from /home/mail/email ???

I find it easier to use inet: sockets rather than unix: sockets for milters.

No chroot, path or permission issues...

  -- Noel Jones