On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 15:35 -0400, Victor Duchovni wrote:

> > > Exactly as written, the symlink is /home/mail/email/home/mail/email and
> > > it points to "/".
> > >
> > >   # mkdir -p /home/mail/email/home/mail
> > >   # ln -s /  /home/mail/email/home/mail/email
> > >
> > > in the chroot jail, this results in /home/mail/email/private/foo being
> > > the same as /private/foo.
> > >
> > Thank you Viktor. After typing it out I finally *got* it. It's about
> > what it looks like resolving from inside the jail. The fix works just
> > fine. I no longer get any issues connecting to it and mail flow works.
> >
> > I can't thank you enough Sir. Sincerely - my most grateful thanks to you
> > for taking your time to help me with something trivial.
>
> Some people will set the link to point to "../.." which makes it "work"
> even from outside the jail, but there is not much point.
>
> Another thing to consider is whether you really need the milter in both
> contexts. It sounds like you also have a content filter, and mail is
> subjected to milters on both sides of the content filter, it is not
> clear this is what you need, though there are plausible use cases for
> doing this.

My train of thought is to filter in this order;
POSTFIX NATIVE
client checks (RATE CONTROL, IP, PTR, RBL, CUSTOM LISTS, HEADER & BODY)
PRE-QUEUE CONTENT FILTER (CLAMAV using clamsmtp)
PRE-QUEUE CONTENT FILTER (spamass-milter)

The volumes I get will support this on the hardware I have. If I had big
volumes I would either need more 'meat', some clustering, both or to
change the the pre-queues to after queues.

Again - I sincerely thank you for your help. It's basic stuff giving me
some gaps here, but I'm determined to learn and happy to get my hands
dirty.

Steve