Steve wrote:
The one observation I've made is there is no way of spotting in the logs
that the mail was subjected to a whitelist. For example;

map:
example.com OK putting text here does not log it

I'm guessing I can do this
example.com WARN whitelisted
example.com OK

Only one action is allowed per lookup. If you want to note in the logs or use PREPEND to add a header indicating the mail was whitelisted, you'll need two lookup tables - first to WARN or PREPEND, then another table to OK.

I suppose you can use smtpd_restriction_classes to create a LOG_OK class, something like
smtpd_restriction_classes = LOG_OK
LOG_OK =
  check_client_access regexp:/etc/postfix/mylog
  permit

# mylog
/^/ WARN whitelisted

Then use "LOG_OK" rather than OK in your access tables.

  -- Noel Jones