Greetings, all.

I'm having trouble with a forwarded email setup, and I need to munge an inbound recipient address.

Here's what I have set up: f...@bar.edu is forwarded to o...@rab.net.

bar.edu is running GroupWise as its email server, and GroupWise munges the recipient address for forwarded emails. When email is sent to f...@bar.edu , GroupWise munges the recipient address to be o...@rab.net. GroupWise then forwards the email to...@rab.net.

The whole reason I'm forwarding the email is that GroupWise's IMAP server is not compatible with OS X's Mail.app IMAP client.

When I check email at o...@rab.net, I see it as To o...@rab.net, NOT To f...@bar.edu , as we would expect because that's what the headers say.

This means that if I group-reply, the o...@rab.net address shows up in the CC line. Nobody knows about that address, and I don't want them to know about it... I am using GroupWise's SMTP server for outbound email, and all email shows up as from f...@bar.edu, as it should.

I am running postfix 2.3.3 at the mail server for rab.net, and I want postfix to munge the inbound address from o...@rab.net back to f...@bar.edu .

Is that possible?

I have tried canonical maps and recipient canonical maps, both with a single rule: "o...@rab.net f...@bar.edu" but all that seems to do is forward the email back to f...@bar.edu, which puts the email into a loop until I disable the map.

I've tried reading the postfix address rewrite documentation, but I am unable to decipher it to figure out how to do what I want to do.

Anyone got any ideas on that one?

Thanks so much.

Daniel