On Jul 13, 2009, at 11:46, Victor Duchovni wrote:
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:24:09AM -0400, Daniel L'Hommedieu wrote:

I must be doing something wrong here, because it isn't working as I expect.
Here's what I see happening:
- email to non-groupwise-...@bar.edu (on a server running sendmail) shows up on my system as being to both non-groupwise-...@bar.edu AND o...@rab.net . - email to groupwise-...@bar.edu (my email address on the groupwise server,
which started this whole mess) shows up as to o...@rab.net.

Based on your instructions, here is what I added to my main.cf:
        canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_canonical
        virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps
        virtual_alias_domains = bar.edu

*DO NOT* add "bar.edu" to virtual_alias_domains. Set it explicitly empty
if you have no virtual alias domains.

OK, I misunderstood what you had said earlier.

Here is my canonical map:
        o...@rab.net f...@bar.edu

Here is my virtual alias:
        f...@bar.edu o...@rab.net

Both "postmapped" I hope.

Yes, both postmapped, and postfix was reloaded.

For this test, I have disabled the procmail recipe.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Without logs? Not psychic today I am afraid. :-(

Sure, I can send them - just let me know what I should send. Pretty much all of the entries look like this:

Jul 13 11:53:06 hostname postfix/local[6159]: 0650B3059C: to=<o...@rab.net >, relay=local, delay=0.13, delays=0.11/0/0/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail)

Also, I hope you won't mind if I send unedited logs to you privately, with the request that the logs themselves not be forwarded to the list.

One other thing I should note is that my virtual map (virtual_maps, not to be confused with virtual_alias_maps) is no longer working. I run virtual domains on my server and have many addresses forwarded offsite; those forwards no longer work.

Daniel