Martijn de Munnik wrote:
Hi List,

A script just screwed my main.cf of a backup mx. Unfortunately I don't
have a backup of the main.cf. I restored the main.cf but one thing is
still not working as before. The relay*_for_stevie files contain the
domains and emailaddresses which accept mail on stevie.youngguns.nl.
When I test the backup mx with an invalid domain I get an 5** error, but
if I test the backup mx an invalid address but valid domain I see they
messages is greylisted. Off course this should also be denied 5**.

What is wrong in this config?

Comments below...

receive_override_options = no_address_mappings

Not recommended unless you also have content_filter set.

relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relaydomains_for_stevie

OK.

relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relayaddresses_for_stevie

Good, you appear to have a list of valid recipients for your relay_domains.

smtp_send_xforward_command = yes

This is usually set in specific master.cf services, not main.cf. You don't usually want to send XFORWARD information to the whole world.

smtpd_banner = Welkom bij $myhostname, stuur ook eens een kaartje!

This should be
  = $myhostname ESTMP your text here

smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 10

WARNING: The purpose of this feature is to limit abuse. It must not be used to regulate legitimate mail traffic.

smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org,
reject_rbl_client
blackholes.easynet.nl,        reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_unknown_client,  permit

The easynet blacklist has been dead for years. reject_unknown_client is a very strict check and is known to reject legit mail. reject_unauth_pipelining probably doesn't do any good here, but it won't hurt anything.

smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining

OK.

smtpd_delay_reject = yes

yes is the default.  Don't change it.

smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,    warn_if_reject
reject_non_fqdn_hostname,       reject_invalid_hostname,        permit

OK.

smtpd_recipient_limit = 25

only if you have 25 or fewer users.

reject_unauth_destination,

add here:
  reject_unlisted_recipient

reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_non_fqdn_recipient,      reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_invalid_hostname,
reject_unknown_recipient_domain,        reject_rbl_client
zen.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,       reject_rbl_client
psbl.surriel.com,
check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:2525        permit

reject_unauth_pipelining is not effective here.

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,  warn_if_reject
reject_non_fqdn_sender,         reject_unknown_sender_domain,
reject_unauth_pipelining,       permit

reject_unauth_pipelining is not effective here. I notice you have several duplicated restrictions. No need to list things such as reject_non_fqdn_sender more than once.

smtpd_soft_error_limit = 3
soft_bounce = no
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450

Change this to 550 once postfix correctly recognizes valid recipients.

  -- Noel Jones