On Jul 13, 2009, at 11:12 PM, Martijn de Munnik wrote:

On Jul 13, 2009, at 10:59 PM, Noel Jones wrote:

Martijn de Munnik wrote:
Hi Noel, List,
Thanks for your reply! I changed things according to your settings but I guess I overlooked a thing? Still they backup mailserver relays everything for *...@validdomain.org. Invalid domains are not relayed.

Please don't top-post.

Valid recipients for relay_domains should be listed in relay_recipient_maps, check that file.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_recipient_maps
Hi,

I'm sure that file is correct, it used to work before I broke the main.cf. The relay*_for_stevie files haven't been touched since then. So I guess it must be something in my main.cf, that's the only changed file.
Mmm I guess this was always wrong in my config, I need to fix the file...

Recipient validation can also be thwarted by a catch-all in virtual_alias_maps or *canonical_maps, but you don't seem to be using either of those (unless you've defined them in master.cf - don't do that).

Hmm, the backward-compatible default value of virtual_alias_maps is the deprecated parameter $virtual_maps, so that won't show in postconf output. If you have virtual_maps defined in your main.cf, make sure there aren't any catch-all mappings.

-- Noel Jones