On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 17:10 +0100, Clunk Werclick wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 12:05 -0400, Linux Addict wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt
> > <ralf.hildebra...@charite.de> wrote:
> >         * Ralf Hildebrandt <ralf.hildebra...@charite.de>:
> >
> >         > > In simple, When I send a mail to @example.com,  postfix
> >         must send the mail
> >         > > to the MX records of smtp.example.com.
> >

> >         > example.com      smtp.example.com
> >

> >         OK, not too sure if Postfix will perform an MX lookup for the
> >         RHS
> >         (smtp.example.com in this example). Please try
> >

> >         --
> >         Ralf Hildebrandt
> >          Geschäftsbereich IT | Abteilung Netzwerk
> >          Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
> >          Campus Benjamin Franklin
> >          Hindenburgdamm 30 | D-12203 Berlin
> >          Tel. +49 30 450 570 155 | Fax: +49 30 450 570 962
> >          ralf.hildebra...@charite.de | http://www.charite.de
> >

> > I just tried, Its NOT  using MX records of smtp.example.com. I can
> > manipulate it thru DNS, but will more comfortable if we can do it
> > through Postfix.
> >

> What about plain old:
>
> smtp:
>
> and nothing else. I was trying to day to do the opposite but it kept
> looking up the mx for the destination domain when I did not have a
> transport map.
Don't listen to me - I am an idiot. I have now read your request fully
and I am garbage spouting. Sorry.
C Werclick .Lot
Technical incompetent
Loyal Order Of The Teapot.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only to be used as an e-mail
and an attachment. Any use of it for other purposes other than as an
e-mail and an attachment will not be covered by any warranty that may or
may not form part of this e-mail and attachment.