Hi all,

I am new to this list, so forgive me if I am not up with your current level
of etiquette, I do tune in pretty quickly.. so starting with a long email..

Been trying to stop people sending email to us setting FROM as a user in our
domains. Seems basic enough spam limitation.

It seems if I configure reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch in
smtp_sender_restrictions all email gets rejected (with my config below)
(even to $virtual_mailbox_domains) _if_ not in $mynetworks (no auth needed -
seems ok) or if the client is not sasl auth'd (smtp ok again in this
situation)

So email to somevalidu...@ourdomain.com from
someotheru...@anotherdomain.com.au (external domain) not sasl auth'd gets
rejected with 'not logged in' - now I know that we shouldn't use
$mydestination with virtual domains, so should it be looking at
virtual_mailbox_domains? (which appears to be mysql mapped ok)

I would presume the default is to always accept email to our domains and the
reject_unauthenticated_sender_login part just says if FROM matches our
domain maps, then you must be authenticated to send it? (this is mainly what
I want to confirm)

Or am I missing something obvious? (its not unknown :)

#some conf stuff..
mydestination =
relay_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_domains.cf
smtpd_sender_login_maps=mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_sender_login_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_domains.cf
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,

permit_mynetworks,reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch,
                                reject_non_fqdn_sender,
                        reject_unauth_pipelining, permit

/etc/postfix/mysql_sender_login_maps.cf
<User/Pass/DB/host/table stuff removed>
select_field=id  #which is the email address in full
where_field='%s'
additional_conditions = and enabled = 1

/etc/postfix/mysql_domains.cf
<removed connection stuff>
select_field=domain
where_field=domain
additional_conditions = and enabled = 1

Let me know if you want some more config/info to help you help me?

TIA

Nick