Nick Sharp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this list, so forgive me if I am not up with your current level
> of etiquette, I do tune in pretty quickly.. so starting with a long email..

Welcome to the list.
Unfortunately, you seem to have missed the important line in the Welcome
Message:
"TO REPORT A PROBLEM SEE: http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail";

I'll muddle through, but without 'postconf -n', I can only guess.
> Been trying to stop people sending email to us setting FROM as a user in our
> domains. Seems basic enough spam limitation.
>
> It seems if I configure reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch in
> smtp_sender_restrictions all email gets rejected (with my config below)
> (even to $virtual_mailbox_domains) _if_ not in $mynetworks (no auth needed -
> seems ok) or if the client is not sasl auth'd (smtp ok again in this
> situation)

Using a jack-hammer won't let you drive a nail.
A simpler solution is:
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination,
check_sender_access hash:/path/to/file

/path/to/file:
#Using example.com as your domain here
#This can be a mysql map if you like.  It is hash to show simplicity.
#You may customize the REJECT message as you see fit of course.  See
'man 5 access'
example.com  REJECT  We do not accept sending from ourselves without
authentication
.example.com REJECT  We do not accept sending from ourselves without
authentication
#covering both cases since you did not show postconf -n..

Please understand that Postfix checks envelope senders this way.  Header
>From is a bad measure in many cases to block.

Brian