Jorey Bump schrieb:
> Mikael Bak wrote, at 08/03/2009 10:38 AM:
>
>> I'm currently blocking all attepmts to connect from hosts not having a
>> valid reverse DNS name with "reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname".
>>
>> This is very effective for dealing with spam. This is not our only
>> protection though :-)
>>
>> Although from time to time we get feedback from users about lost email.

lost mail to where ? gone universe ....*g?
the mail got rejected at last with a debug code
so the sender may take his brain to fix its problem
or try to reach you by phone , valid mailservers etc
if the sender cant fix it you can simply whitelist
them by ip or else for reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
mail must always be supported
using reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname is relativly save these
spam days ,shows every day work here, the few problems a year are easy
to fix, make sure that you have very good dns resolves ( i.e use local
dns cache too)
i changed the reject code to 550, to let senders know at once about the
the problem, for fighting bots it very effective ,and dont break your head
about crying users behind if the senders cant show bounces and call it
lost mail *g

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer