On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 03:19:11PM -0400, Gerard wrote:

> I use fetchmail to harvest mail from a couple of accounts. I added this
> to the main.cf file and fetchmail stopped delivering mail.
>
> smtpd_tls_security_level = encrypt

This requires all clients to use SSL/TLS.

> I then added this to the main.cf file:
>
> smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks = localhost

This suppresses SASL authentication for local hosts, but SASL is not SSL.

> I thought that would correct the problem; however, it doesn't. Mail
> from the regular users on the network is delivered to the server's IP:
> 192.168.1.103
>
> Is there any way I can get this to work?

Try:

        smtpd_tls_security_level = may

and if you want to insist that some clients use SSL/TLS, do so via
"reject_plaintext_session" after permitting clients that don't need
to use SSL/TLS:

    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_plaintext_session

For example:

        smtpd_client_restrictions =