ML put forth on 11/23/2009 7:33 PM:

> I am still confused.

If you are truly worried about your sending IPs/domains being
blacklisted for mismatched A and PTR records, then I suggest you bind an
IP to your NIC for each domain you plan to handle and create a matching
A and PTR in DNS for each IP/domain.  Then, you'll need to setup a
separate instance of postfix for each IP/domain so that each domain
sends out only 1 IP address.

However, this is silly.  There are many postfix and other MTAs out there
hosting hundreds and sometimes thousands of domains from a single IP
with a single PTR, and they're not getting blacklisted by the dnsbls.

Sending spam will get you blacklisted.  Sending backscatter will get you
blacklisted.  Having mismatched A and PTR records will _NOT_ get you
blacklisted.  If might get you deferred by Yahoo for longer than you
might like, but that's about it.

Try the easy route first, which is option #2 I list above.  If you have
problems with delivery due to mismatched A/PTR, _then_ reconfigure for
option #1.

--
Stan