Wietse Venema schrieb:
> Tobi:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I just wonder whether my idea is technically possible to fullfill with
>> Postfix. I already use sender based relaying which works fine.
>> My problem is that I'm running a Postfix Server on my dynamic IP-Address. I
>> would say for 80% of the receivers is no problem to send the emails
>> directly (direct-mx). Some domains or receivers do not accept this due to
>> dynamic IP block. No problem I thought I could set up a receiver-based
>> relay, but unfortunatly I did not find anything about it in Postfix doc
>> (maybe I looked for the wrong keywords).
>>

> See this URL: http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html
>
> If I am not mistaken, this has precedence over sender-dependent features.
>
>       Wietse
>

>> So my question is: Is there a way to conditionally relay emails based on
>> the receivers address/domain? So I could send emails for defined
>> addresses/domains via my ISP mailserver instead of direct-mx.
>> Is there a way to do this in Postfix?
>>
>> Thanks a lot for all tipps/hints
>> Cheers
>>
>> tobi

Hello

I tried according to Wietse's link to the manual and it works 50% ;-)
The email is properly forwarded according to receivers domain with the
values in transport conf file
But now Postfix has no user details to perform a SMTP Authentication at
the defined relay server. smtp tries to relay without auth which my
providers server don't like. If I'm using sender_dependent_relay then
smtp takes the details from my sasl password file and therefore can
perform an auth at the relay server.
So my next question is how to tell transport where to lookup for the
login credentials to send an email through an external relay server
which expects user auth.

Is there a way which I have not found in the manual to tell Postfix the
necessary details? Or is it not possible by design?

Thanks and cheers

tobi