On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:02:22PM +0100, tobi wrote:

> > cat /opt/etc/postfix/transport | grep -v "#"
> > postfix.org     smtp:[smtp.mysip.ch]:587
> > domain.tld     smtp:[smtp.myotherisp.ch]:587
>
> Problem found 30cm in front of the screen.
> After changing the transport
>
> postfix.org smtp:[smtp.mysip.ch]:submission
> domain.tld smtp:[smtp.myotherisp.ch]:submission
>
> it works. I thought :587 would be the same as :submission

It is, essentially, the difference is that ":submission" can break if
your /etc/services is incomplete, NIS is not working, ... while the 587,
works all the time.

The other difference is that by changing the nexthop, you have also
changed the lookup key for smtp_sasl_password_maps, smtp_tls_policy_maps,
and any other per-destination SMTP client tables.

You may have incorrect data for the ":587" lookup key in some cases.

Finally, changing the table source, may have resulted in an actual update
of the index file via "postmap", previously not carried out correctly.

--
        Viktor.