Wietse Venema wrote:
Ed W:
To clarify the question - the goal is if someone connects via the network (not local sendmail command) and the transcript says "RCPT TO: <asdf>" that this is subsequently bounced as being an invalid

To summarize my other response, by definition an address without
domain delivers to the same mailbox as an address with the default
domain.

Understood - but, how can I change this please..? (and if there are hidden implications, please summarise so that I can test for breakage?)

If this is not possible then can I please make a feature request for this? At least in the case of my users it's almost exclusively a typo (autocomplete gremlin due to Microsoft email programs..) and not intended for delivery to the local mail server (in my case it results in lack of feedback and hence backpressure to correct the typos and also a slight privacy issue in that emails are getting delivered to the wrong user rather than being bounced as undeliverable)

Thanks for any help?

Ed W