Wietse Venema wrote:
If you don't want to receive mail for domain-less addresses then
say so, instead of coming up with the wrong solution for the wrong
problem.

OK, "I want to accept most emails over smtp and then later bounce emails with domain-less addresses"

Use the reject_non_fqdn_mumble to stop bare addresses.

OK, but as I showed in my config file and described in my problem description - I do this for my main configuration, however, for a subset of customers I need to support a configuration where we accept domainless addresses during the smtp conversation, but I would like them bounced subsequently (I understand the issues with bouncing - this configuration will only accept auth'ed connections.

I would rather not revisit all the reasons we need to bounce rather than reject, but the background is that these users are on a satellite internet connection with 2,400 baud speeds costing $1.50/min. We have a fairly precise setup which maximises speed and minimises cost.

So, is there some way to please configure postfix to *bounce* domainless addresses?

Thanks

Ed W