Am 22.03.2010 22:36, schrieb Mauro Faccenda:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Robert Schetterer
> <rob...@schetterer.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> I took a look at it and, unless I missunderstood, I'll need to add a
>>> line for each mailbox in the database and that's inviable for my
>>> setup.
>>>
> [snip]
>>
>> Hi i didnt analyse
>> postfixquotareject.ramattack.net deeply yet
>> but with dovecot lda deliver you can have
>> all quota stuff in mysql so
>> it should be possible
>> to have a policy daemon using dovecot-quota-mysql
>> dont know if postfixquotareject can be used for that yet
>> but its code should be a possible example layout for writing
>> a policy server for dovecot-quota-mysql
>> i will test this in the near future
>>
>> i have vda patch up and running too without any problems but my goal
>> ist using the policy server variant as it feels more code clean to postfix
>
> My setup uses LDAP (MS Active Directory) as a backend. I need that
> when someone creates a user in the AD and sets it's e-mail address,
> automatically that account can receive e-mails.
>
> I'm using the Dovecot LDA (deliver) quota management and it's working
> properly, but I'd like to reject messages in SMTP time, so the sender
> can have a comprehensive error message without needing to send him a
> bounce messages.
>
> Right now, I can silently drop the message with 'deliver'. It's not
> the ideal situation that I'd like to have, but it's  already
> acceptable.
>
> Thank you for your attention. ;)
>
> Mauro

you need a policy server anyway
this needs to know the setuped quota of the mailbox
how much is used from this quota ( left space )
and size of incomming message, rest might are simple math compares
so you need to think where to get these infos and catch it together
in a policy server

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer