Mike Hutchinson:
> Hello Everyone.
>
> Our company sends out newsletters to people who have subscribed their mail
> address in-store (retail). I have been working in attempt to slow down
> E-Mail deliveries to Hotmail, as our server attempts deliveries too quickly
> and will get blocked by their servers. I have googled and found some decent
> information and have even applied it, but it does not appear to do a single
> thing to slow delivery down for the domain. I have in my configuration
> files:
>
> Master.cf:
>
> smtphotmail      unix       -          -         -      -  3        smtp

Who told you to set a wakeup timer of 3 seconds? Remove it.

> Transport:
> hotmail.com       smtphotmail:hotmail.com

How do you know that Postfix uses this? The cut-and-paste fragments
from the main.cf file show no evidence of that.

As requested in the mailing list welcome message (see below) do
NOT send cut-and-paste fragments from the main.cf file.

Thank you for using Postfix.