Hi there.

Moving from sendmail to a macos 10.6 server that ships with postfix..

There are a few things that I'm trying to replicate from sendmail into
postifx, but I'm not having much luck.

Problems:
1- People on local network (e.g. from 192.168.0.0/24) can send email
without authentication (so mail server act has an open relay for local
machines). I played with the "mynetwork" config, but I'm getting
errors like "Authentication required 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
command first", when trying to send an email.

2- When using a non encrypted connection , only accept the CRAM-MD5
and Kerberos authentication methods

3- When using encrypted connection (via TLS or SSL), accept LOGIN,
PLAIN, Kerberos and CRAM-MD5 authentication methods.

4- I have added in sendmail a very simple rule allowing to create
dummy email address such as:
reg-username-ser...@domain.com

this is equivalent to usern...@domain.com

In sendmail, I would ad in the main .mc file:

LOCAL_CONFIG
Klist regex -s2,1,3 -d+ ^(reg)-(.+)-(.+)$$
LOCAL_RULE_0

I thought I could add something like this in the canonical file:

However, I read in a few place that this would break recipient validation.

And no, I do not want to use the + character, as there are too many
sites not allowing emails with a +, nor do I want to use - as there
are users with hyphenated names.

Thank you in advance for your help
Jean-Yves