On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 01:50:30PM +0530, Avinash Pawar // Viva wrote:

> I want to send 1 Lacs emails per hour.

Most readers of this (international) list do not know that 1 "lac"
is 100,000. This usage is largely confined to India.

> Please suggest me the steps to achieve this.

This is approximately ~1700 msgs/min or ~28 msgs/sec. To send at this
rate, run ~4-8 parallel threads that inject mail into Postfix via SMTP
at approximately this rate. If your network bandwidth is sufficient,
your disks are not too slow, the messages are not too large, and the
destination systems are willing to accept your mail quickly, Postfix
will not only accept mail at this rate, but deliver it with no noticeable
latency. I've see real-world throughput that is 10 times higher per
machine (commodity server with battery backed RAID controller).

--
        Viktor.