Zitat von Victor Duchovni <victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com>:

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 06:50:17PM +0530, Avinash Pawar // Viva wrote:

How many mails can I sent using basic configuration of postfix?

This question has no answer, except to say that on typical commodity
server hardware you are unlikely to send more than ~3,000 msgs/sec per
Postfix instance. A queue-manager performance test I ran 2 years ago
showed that at near ~3000 msgs/sec, the queue-manager is working non-stop
and cannot go any faster (with a queue on RAM disk).

Just curious: Is it clear where this limit come from eg. is it dependant of the performance which a single core can deliever or is bound by memory latency or some others?

Regards

Andreas