On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 10:38:12AM +0800, Richard Chapman wrote:

> Here is the relevant part of my main.cf, but the system is not delivering
> mail to google.:

Always post "postconf -n" output.

> smtp_tls_security_level = may
> smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes
> #    sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_relay
>     smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
>     smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
>     relayhost = smtp.gmail.com:587

Do you really have the leading white-space on these lines?

The best solution would be for Google to allow a single login account for
your server to *impersonate* all your users. If this would also require
Postfix to support PLAIN with an authentication id that is different
from the authorization id, that feature could be added... It would
be simpler if Google treated all submission mail from the shared id,
with a sender address in your domain, to be from the user, and saved
a copy in "Sent".

You could also consider delivering the mail to the user's Google mailbox
with sender_bcc_maps, rather than submission via Gmail. I think that they
automatically refile in Sent, when the sender address is also the mailbox
user...

--
        Viktor.