On 2010-09-21 2:47 AM, Nick Edwards <nick.z.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we see no reason to continue to use dovecot in its current state with
> its inherit risks when courier has none of them, the move to courier is
> now justified.

Just to correct the record...

Since the 'risk' you reference is inherent to using IMAP + NFS + dovecot
LDA, and is due to NFS caching. Both dovecot and courier suffer the same
risks under the same circumstances (ie, if you were to use the full
Courier mail system including its deliver agent, whatever that is), and,
in your case, the same lack of risk (since you are using POP and not
using dovecots or Couriers delivery agent).

--

Best regards,

Charles