Le 05/11/2010 09:48, Vincent Lefevre a écrit :
On 2010-11-04 23:36:04 -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Vincent Lefevre<vinc...@vinc17.net>  wrote:
Yes, it will generate *some* lookups, but it doesn't say exactly
*which* lookups. That was precisely my question.
- client hostname (reverse dns hostname)
- client IP address.
OK, and mous said in that order (but maybe that's just the current
implementation, and the user shouldn't rely on the order for the
future).

Given all the compatibility efforts invested in postfix (thanks to Wietse and others), I doubt this will change.

That said, I believe it's better not to rely on, be it just for clarity. having things like

example.com    restriction_class_1
192.0.2              restriction_class_2

(with different restriction classes or results) in the same map is a call for trouble!

also, for IP addresses, better use cidr (I mean the map type, not a bottle from Normandy;-p).