On 11/08/2010 07:21 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* Luiz Antonio Emerenciano Alcoforado<l...@rapport.com.br>:
I need to set up a group of four Postfix servers, all four in the
same local network but each one connected to a different internet
link, so that when one internet link fails, that Postfix server
connected to the failing internet link forwards its pending emails to
another Postfix server, one with a good internet access.
Use smtp_fallback_relay for that.

machine1
smtp_fallback_relay = [machine2]

machine2
smtp_fallback_relay = [machine3]

machine3
smtp_fallback_relay = [machine4]

machine4
smtp_fallback_relay = [machine1]

Simple solution, but it's going to queue on multiple failures :)

Perhaps he could manipulate his local DNS to provide fallback MXes to all three others, and perhaps even set up views so each one gets a different MX order to prevent hogging the first one (or just go with the default RR scheme, for simplicity).

Pretty, it ain't, I freely admit that - but I am assuming here he has control over internal DNS (well, more control than over global DNS).

PS: will there be a new or revised book for 2.8 ?
There are quite a lot of changes - and cool new stuff...

--
J.