On 12/08/2010 08:07 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> As a general rule for smtpd_foo_restrictions:
>
> 1.  inbuilt Postfix checks are fastest (eg. reject_non_fqdn_sender)
> 2.  local table lookups are 2nd fastest (eg. hash, cidr, pcre)
> 3.  policy servers can be fast or not so fast, depending on what they do
> 4.  dnsbl lookups require a remote network query--typically slowest
putting each item on a line by itself, even with the comma at the end
causes postfix to give errors on reloading.
here is what it looks like now:
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination,
check_reverse_client_hostname_access pcre:/etc/postfix/fqrdns.pcre
check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/china.cidr,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_rbl_client
dnsbl.sorbs.net, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, reject_rhsbl_sender
dbl.spamhaus.org, reject_rhsbl_helo dbl.spamhaus.org

no longer need that..

> > > ah, yup, Debian Lenny, running
> > > ii  postfix                                                 2.5.5-1.1
> Postfix 2.7.1 is available in Debian Backports.  I just installed it a
> week or so ago and it works great so far, and enables the better/extra
> parameters.  You should upgrade.  Follow the instructions here:
>
> http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions

and now I have:
 # dpkg --list|grep postfix
ii  postfix
2.7.1-1~bpo50+1                      High-performance mail transport agent
ii  postfix-mysql
2.7.1-1~bpo50+1                      MySQL map support for Postfix
ii  postfix-pcre
2.7.1-1~bpo50+1                      PCRE map support for Postfix

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800