Am 11.01.2011 13:27, schrieb Jonathan Tripathy:
On tir 11 jan 2011 11:52:12 CET, Jonathan Tripathy wrote

I guess another way to do this would be to have the "front end
smtp-out" server do the sending itself and ask a customer's
respective dovecot server for authentication. How can I do this where
on a domain-by-domain basis? (i.e. each domain is authenticated by a
different dovecot server)

one dovecot auth server to more then one postfix, and lda/pop3/imap,
and admin is then just postfixadmin, i cant see the problem here

ask help on dovecot maillist since its not really a postfix problem

Other way round, which is a postfix issue :)

I'm trying to use a single postfix server for many dovecot auth servers

make sasl auth against a DB (ldap or sql) via dovecot.
Postfix -> dovecot sasl -> user db.

This way you can use as many proxies as you want.