On 2011-01-11 at 15:55:53 +0000, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
> I hoping that my above solution will spread the load

Define 'spread the load'.
You're taking a perfectly good server (or more), chopping it up into many
pieces so you can run many instances of Postfix and Dovecot.

If you really need to spread the load, setup two servers with Postfix and
Dovecot.  It would significantly reduce the complexity, and eliminate
your issues with multiple IPs.  It would also reduce the bottleneck with
the proxy servers.

You don't 'spread the load' by setting up tens or hundreds of virtual
machines of which each VM handles a few messages per hour.  You setup
however many servers you need to provide decent response times and
service availability.

It sounds like you're building a complex system just to build a
complex system.

-A